Welcome to Healthy Aging® Food
Healthy Aging® Food is a new online magazine showcasing the best of cooking for those who want to age healthfully and enjoy good food.
Too often, when we think of "healthy cooking", we think that every meal must be bland and flavorless. Healthy Aging® Food seeks to inspire, educate, and motivate today's cook with exciting recipes that are not only pleasing to the palate and the eye, but easy enough to be prepared by mere mortals. The recipes you will find here are the creations of some of the nation's leading innovative, cutting-edge professional and personal chefs, restaurants, spas, cookbook authors, and more.
Keep posted on recipes by subscribing to our RSS Feed (Really Simple Syndication).
Just click here and choose a category. The recipes will be sent to your inbox when posted on the site.
Take advantage of avocado season with Chile Rubbed Salmon served with Cilantro Avocado Salsa. Add to your easy entertaining repetoire.
Virginia Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau Recipe Contest winner 2011
Macy’s Chefs A-Go-Go,” a national food truck tour showcasing Macy’s Culinary Council, may be coming to your town. Try chef, Cat Cora's Grilled Chili-Lime Flank Steak Soft Tacos with Charred Pineapple Salsa
Chef Jacques Haeringer has created easy-to-prepare,
light summer alfresco meals sure to kindle up passion.
- December 24, 2010
- Recipes, Recipes - Breakfast, Recipes - Quick Breads, coffeecakes
- No comments
Looking for everyone's favorite comfort-food coffeecake? This is it. Soft and moist, nicely cinnamon-y, this is the quintessential breakfast coffeecake from King Arthur Flour.
Butternut Squash Soup with Chestnuts
Roast Turkey with Herbs
Managing diabetes is hard enough, but many patients are also faced with the challenge of identifying healthy meal options, especially during the holidays. The 24 million people living with diabetes want to enjoy delicious meals with family and friends without sacrificing their health by making smart food choices. Here's a pumpkin pie recipe that fits the bill.
Two Healthy Fall Recipes from Dr. Michael Fenster - Pork Stew, Roasted Butternut Squash with Pomegranate
A cold weather favorite “doc’d up” to add a little exotic spice to the usual roast pork stew
Tossed's "Make at Home" Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad features Spinach, Mangoes, Dried Cranberries and Walnuts
- Chile Rubbed Salmon with Cilantro Avocado Salsa
- Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Cookies
- Grilled Chili-Lime Flank Steak Soft Tacos with Charred Pineapple Salsa
- Warmer Weather Creates the Opportunity for a Romantic Picnic for Two
- Cinnamon-Streusel Coffeecake
- Le Cordon Bleu Chef Gives Tips for Putting a Modern Twist on Thanksgiving Classics at Home
- Diabetes-friendly Pumpkin Pie Light with Traditional Crust
- Two Healthy Fall Recipes from Dr. Michael Fenster - Pork Stew, Roasted Butternut Squash with Pomegranate
- Tossed’s “Make at Home” Balsamic Vinaigrette Spinach Salad with Fall Accents
- Quick & Healthy Potato Soup